Summer Travel: Cruises, Planes & Automobiles

Summer Travel involves trains, planes, automobiles, trucks, RV’s, motorcycles, bikes, ships and buses! I probably left out some forms of transportation, such as camels, but those aren’t going to cross most of our paths as we venture to see the family this summer! But if you do use a camel or an elephant as transportation, let me know how it works. Of course some folks like to hike or walk, but not this Southern Belle!

As I travel during the summer, I plan my food intake carefully. As you might know, I do like to eat, so snacking is a challenge.Weight Management becomes an issue if I don't pace my food intake along with my exercise. Snacks can be a good way to keep energy levels up as you travel, especially if you are on a plane and your normal meal schedule is disrupted. Keeping my energy level up, while not adding too many carbohydrates is my goal. That is why I like the Cinch Bars from Shaklee along with the Cinch Shakes. These fill me up, give me good vitamins, minerals and lots of good soy protein balanced with carbs for energy. Lemon Cranberry Bars are my favorites. Even on a Cruise, I take along my Cinch Shakes for the extra energy as I tackle my next round of photos!

When flying, I make certain I have several snacks with me. You never know when the flight will be delayed and you will be eating your hat from hunger. Having had several long “sits” on tarmacs I now take almonds with me to eat, Cinch Snack Bars and a few servings of the Cinch Shakes just in case! Using my Tupperware Quick Shake as a mixing area, the Cinch Shakes mix easy with water . Along with the Cinch Shakes, I enjoy my Cinch Energy Tea, known as Liquid Ooomph! Easy to add to a serving of water. A mix of Green, Red and White Teas, in an easy to use “stick”; just open and pour. Good hot or cold.

So, remember when traveling: Drink lots of water, keep moving, keep your energy levels up, keep your immune system up and have fun as you travel this summer!

1 comment:

V Wright said...

My favorite is also the Lemon-Cranberry bar. It's an awesome snack and fills the void that previously had potato chips or a candy bar. They definitely help to keep my weight in check!